Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Change

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Change....I like change, most of the time. I like the change that the seasons bring; new colors, new temperature, new smell in the air. I like a change of schedule, like Christmas break for the kiddos and the end of teaching a fall class for me. I even like to change my mind, which I do quite frequently.

There is some change that I find a bit more difficult to accept....the change in the size of my kids. Last week I gave daughter in the middle one of my shirts that had shrunk in the wash. Who'd have guessed it'd be the second born getting my hand-me-downs? Today firstborn and I stood side by side in front of the mirror and we can't tell who's taller. If she'd just stand up straight I'm pretty sure she'd pass me by a hair.

Later the little guy gave me a goodnight hug and I picked him up and carried him to his room which I haven't done in a long time. He's getting heavy. I love the feel of his arms tight around my neck. I miss the feel of the fuzzy sleepers he used to wear.

I tucked him in and read one of his favorite books from the Little Critter book series. He likes to spot spider and cricket on every page. I kissed him goodnight and told him I was proud of him and in his best Elvis impersonation he said, "Thank you, thank you very much." I hope his sense of humor never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment