Monday, October 18, 2010

The Traditional Fall Pics

It's that time of year again...time to take the annual fall pictures of the kids. I've been doing this for many years. It started out with punk one at 5 months old sitting in the front yard with some pumpkins. I continued that tradition for the next 3 years. Then punk two came along and I did the same thing with her. Unfortunately I did not continue this tradition due to the fact that when punk two's second year rolled around I was pregnant with punk three and well, the tradition fell to the wayside.

Anyhoo, here's first born's first 3 years of fall pics. It's true, she was 5 months old in the first picture and sitting up very well. The character was walking at 9 months.
Photobucket

Here she is at 190 months, or 15 years and 5 months if you're getting technical and she still sits up and walks pretty well.
Photobucket

Poor second born, I only have one fall picture of her. Actually I believe I have more, but unlike first born who has a baby book completed through her first 4 years, second born's are in a box somewhere. Sheesh, I'm a second born and I vowed I'd never repeat the photographic black holes of my parents. Ah, history repeats itself.
Photobucket

Here's second born at 152 months, or 12 years and 8 months. She doesn't look too psychologically damaged by the shortage of completed baby book pages.
Photobucket

And then came the surprise, the third born and a boy at that. A wonderful surprise to be sure, but a price is paid with even less completed baby book pictures. Frankly, (I realize that may not be your name, but bear with me) I don't believe I ever even took a picture of third born sitting in the front yard with pumpkins. Hopefully third born will overlook this act of negligence and appreciate the fact that I have taken approximately a bazillion pictures of him playing soccer.

He's a nut, a ham really and the combination of the two is why we sometimes call him "Hammy". That and the fact that he does a fantastic imitation of Hammy the squirrel in "Over the Hedge".
Photobucket

I love my punks at all stages of their lives, but I miss those days of littleness; the smell of baby shampoo in their hair, fuzzy sleepers, snuggling them on my lap, bedtime stories, kissing boo-boos, and 7:30 bedtime. And of all the fall pictures that have been taken over the past few years, this one is my all time favorite.
Photobucket

Excuse me while I go get a tissue.


STOP THE PRESSES!

Whilst writing this blog entry the girls got the picture bug and began sorting through old pictures and thank the Lord, I have been redeemed. Here are fall photos from third born's first two years of life. Of course, he's with his sisters, but hey, it's better than nothing.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Janice you are too funny. I love your sense of humor. Your kids all look great. Such cute pictures. You are very talented at photo taking, humor and motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun post. I love it. I love seeing them all as babes!

    The were cute babies and they have grown up gorgeous still! How blesses are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops..I was so excited I spelled blessed wrong.

    Anyway..your BLESSED for sure!!

    ReplyDelete